From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About The Role
As the Director of Litigation Management, you will be one of the key members of the Legal Claims Management Team Nationally and will be the Director responsible for managing the operations of the Litigation Management department.
- Your core values are a great fit with ours: Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Being Customer-Driven & Socially Responsible.
- You can use your experience, expertise and passion to inspire your team to exceed standards.
- You create an engaging, supportive and positive environment along the way.
- You’ll work collaboratively with other Leaders to ensure quality management of the external Litigation Management process.
- You’re at ease with digital tools and processes.
- You can use data and analysis to help to assess performance.
- You’re a great communicator; whether it’s a phone call or a presentation, you can do it all and adapt your approach to your audience.
- You are curious, adaptable and an industrious person.
- You’re able to problem-solve and may have used a design thinking approach.
This Role Will Offer You The Chance To
- Build relationships with Senior Executives and, as an active member of critical strategic projects, influence their decision-making.
- Grow Intact’s talent and leadership pipeline through your thoughtful and effective approach to employee career development, performance management, and mentorship.
- Directly contribute to Intact’s operational excellence via projects that will transform how we do business.
You’ll Also Handle Many Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to the establishment of objectives included in the business plan and implement approaches to achieve regional goals in line with business strategies and the organization's financial, material and human resources.
- Ensure a high level of employee engagement by continually monitoring overall engagement and creating and executing engagement action plans.
- Ensure efficient and effective work processes, quality service, effective indemnity and legal expense control.
- Design and provide Strategic direction for National Vendor management of External Legal Firms.
- Analyze and develop key performance metrics and goals, including ALAE targets.
- Establish and refine best practices workflows and ensure consistency.
- Prepare and follow up on operational budgets by setting expense ceilings in line with goals to reach.
- Assess and address workforce planning needs to maintain service levels and productivity benchmarks.
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and managing key performance indicators relating to productivity and loss cost measures.
- Develop and lead action plans to monitor and control indemnity and expense payments on defence files handled externally.
- Provide productivity and quality reports and insight to management. Review written communications to ensure effective communication with law firms and claims staff.
- Execute and develop auditing processes for external legal vendors.
- Provide feedback on review/auditing protocols. Provide feedback on billing performance of legal firms.
What you bring to the table:
- Bilingual in both French and English - both oral and written an asset.
- A university degree in Business/ Finance or relevant experience.
- 5-8 years of experience in Finance within the Insurance Industry or Legal environment strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of management experience an asset.
- Experience in auditing vendor performance an asset.
- Experience with Project Management and change management preferred.
- Proficiency in excel.
- Experience with Legal Invoicing/Billing practices and related software an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff, internal and external customers and experience in coaching/developing staff.
- Occasional travel as required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Proven experience with successful change management initiatives.
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
Flexible Work Arrangements
We’re proud to support a flexible hybrid approach which gives everyone the best of both worlds. While there are no minimum or maximum time requirements, each team’s need for in-person connections will be different and there will be times you’ll join your colleagues at the office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.
This posting closes on August 5, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #myReferrals1000