Toronto, ON, CAReq ID: 28328 Jobs by Category: People & Culture, Finance and Corporate Affairs Job Function: Legal Status: Full Time Schedule: Regular
Join our team and what we'll accomplish together
The TELUS Legal Services team provides world-class and innovative legal services. Our scope of work is extremely broad, including contract and commercial law, commercial litigation, privacy law, intellectual property law, securities law, employment law, pensions, financing, mergers and acquisitions, and competition law. We are trusted advisors who collaborate closely with leaders and teams across the organization to deliver better outcomes for internal and external customers.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS is seeking a dynamic, business-minded Senior Counsel to join our in-house team supporting TELUS’ security business activities across Canada, including services offered to business customers of ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. (now part of the TELUS family).
You will leverage your strategic business and legal acumen to engage in business customer negotiations and agreement drafting related to small, medium and large businesses with electronic security, fire protection, and many other related alarm monitoring services. You will also provide strategic advice on procurement, marketing and privacy matters. Your duties will also include supporting the business team on the development and use of templates, responding to Requests for Proposals and other process improvements relating to the business customer relationship.
● Strengthening relationships with key stakeholders and sophisticated clients by cultivating a deep understanding of their business and providing proactive, solution-oriented advice
● Striving continuously to advance legal and business practices by driving new approaches and process improvements
You’re the Missing Piece of the Puzzle
● Valued for your minimum 8+ years practice experience following call to bar (8-10 year call preferred)
● Recognized for your commercial practice experience with a proven track record of execution and delivery in fast-paced, complex environments
● Respected for your legal skills, strategic business judgment, initiative, creativity, learning-oriented mindset, and collaborative style
● Commended for communicating practical, solution-oriented legal advice effectively and succinctly in both oral and written form to a diverse range of stakeholders including senior executives
● Skilled in effectively managing a high volume of time-sensitive files and priorities and deliver on commitments
● Confident with working independently as well as within a team environment
● Committed to learn, understand and contribute to the business strategy and objectives of internal clients and work collaboratively to achieve their goals
● Experience advising clients in structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
● Experience in intellectual property, competition and privacy law
● Member in good standing with the Law Society in your provincial jurisdiction
● Fluency in English is required
● Fluency in French is an asset