Associate Lawyer - Corporate Commercial
Duncan Craig LLP is searching for a talented corporate lawyer to work effectively within our Business Solutions Group. The Business Solutions Group provides legal advice involving a variety of industries on all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, transactional work, residential and commercial real estate.
Duncan Craig LLP is a well established Firm that encourages a work life balance while providing the resources and mentorship needed to establish a successful legal career. We have built our business on the relationships cultivated within the community providing our clients a practical and compassionate approach to to law.
The successful candidate will have 3 - 7 years of post-call experience in general corporate, commercial real estate, banking and finance practice experience and will possess outstanding conflict resolution, negotiation, and communication skills. You are highly motivated, reliable and client centric.
Knowledge & Skills
· Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
· High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
· Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
· Ability to respond appropriately to high pressure situations, leading by example
· Excellent teamwork and team building skills as well as the ability to work independently
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external contacts
· Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and a variety of client contacts
· Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
· Effective file and practice management skills, a willingness to collaborate on projects with other lawyers and stakeholders
· JD or LLB required; Admitted to Alberta Bar
· Practicing lawyer with 3-7 years post-call experience
· In good standing with the Law Society of Alberta
· Competitive base salary and exceptional bonus structure
· Health Benefits (inclusive of a Health Spending Account)
· Quality work on various file types
· Ongoing Professional Development and Educational support
· Access to Business Development and Marketing resources
· Opportunity for growth within the firm.
Reference ID: Corp-2021
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $100,000.00 per year