Reporting to the VP, Chief Corporate Officer, this position is responsible for the following duties:
- Provide proactive, practical and strategic legal advice to solve business problems and reduce legal risk
- Act as Compliance Officer for ethical matters for the corporation and its employees
- Draft, review and negotiate corporate/commercial contracts, including contracts related to the procurement of goods and services, service agreement, joint venture agreements and purchase and sale agreements
- Advise on matters related to Indigenous matters including best practices for legal inclusion, advice regarding duty to consult and accommodate; drafting and negotiating Collaboration Agreements
- Advise on matters related to employment and industrial relations issues and oversee the resolution of employment/labour disputes
- Attend to corporate governance and preparation of corporate documents and joint venture matters
- Embrace and support Operational Excellence efforts and OE Culture
- Comply with all Orano health, safety and environmental policies, practices and procedures
- Promote and adhere to Orano Canada’s values: Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Respect and People Development, Cohesion and Team Spirit, and Exemplarity, Integrity, Responsibility
Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
- Member of the Law Society of Saskatchewan, ideally a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a relevant area of law
- Honest, ethical, and respects confidentiality
- Cooperative and collaborative, able to work as part of a team and also independently
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritize work effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in French would be an asset
Work Location & Schedule:
- Saskatoon Corporate Office
- Occasional short trips to the operating sites and corporate head office, as required
Orano is responsible for providing a healthy and safe workplace. As part of this, Orano employees, contractors and visitors at Orano offices, field sites and operations are required to be fully vaccinated. All new hires will require proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment.
“Fully vaccinated” means two weeks after a person has received a single dose of a single course COVID-19 vaccination approved for use in Canada, or two weeks after a person has received the second dose of a dual course COVID-19 vaccination approved for use in Canada.
As a condition of employment the successful candidate must complete Orano’s pre-employment checks including education verification and employment reference checks.
Drug (including marijuana) and alcohol substance testing is a requirement for all Safety Sensitive positions. Applicants who have recently used marijuana recreationally may not pass a substance test as marijuana can remain in the user’s system for as many as 30 days after use.
Orano is an equal opportunity employer. We value the knowledge, experience and cultures and commit to the advancement of Indigenous Peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and People with Disabilities and strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Apply online at www.orano.group/jobs/en by May 23rd, 2022.
Job #: 022-110-S