Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia
Location: King St. Office
Postal Code: B0K 1S0
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team!
In this role, you will:
- Assembling and organizing information for legal documents
- Preparing comparison documents
- Drafting various types of legal documents including, software license and support agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, consulting agreements, service agreements, confidentiality agreements, amending agreements, according to general instructions for lawyers’ review
- Document proof reading and editing
- Managing files from opening to the conclusion of the transaction
- Managing and assisting with various projects within the legal department
- Performing a variety of duties in the area of corporate law
- Exercising initiative and judgment in assisting lawyers with administrative detail on files
- Process invoices, cheque requests and wire transfers
- Reviewing files to confirm key timelines/deadline dates and updating these timelines and/or deadlines into legal diary systems
- Preparing memos, reports, and letters
- Fielding, managing, and responding to general inquiries from the business
- Researching law and Acts to update legal precedents and documentation
- Reviewing files and responding to inquiries that do not require a legal opinion
- Obtain and process statements of claim
- Prepare expense forms for various members of the legal department
- Request and prepare ITSR forms
- Review, organize and prepare files for destruction or storage
- Conduct due diligence searches
- Prepare contract profiles and enter signed contracts in edocs
- Schedule meetings and conference calls
Your resume and experience should demonstrate:
- An Undergraduate Degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience OR a paralegal services diploma with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Experience in transactional work in areas of corporate law
- Experience in drafting legal agreements
- IT contracts experience an asset
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.