Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
We are seeking a permanent, full-time experienced Legal Assistant to join our team in our Charlottetown office, to provide legal administrative support to lawyers in various practice areas, including, but not limited to: Litigation, Insurance, and Employment & Labour.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Accurate preparation of correspondence and legal documents;
· Processing large volumes of documents, with ability to use technology to store and organize emails and files diligently;
· Meeting deadlines, and ability to multi-task and reprioritize as needed;
· Processing daily emails, phone messages and time sheets;
· Maintaining detailed and accurate client and administrative files;
· Calendar maintenance, scheduling and organizing meetings, assisting with client meetings, making travel arrangements and updating address books;
· Communicating in a professional manner with lawyers and team members;
· Providing overflow support and help to other assistants as time allows;
· Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Minimum of 2 years administrative experience;
· Preference is given to those with related paralegal/legal assistant formal education;
· Strong competency in the usage of MS Office (particularly Word, and Excel), paired with superior typing and dicta-transcription skills;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service;
· Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail, coupled with strong organizational and time management skills;
· Excellent proofreading skills (ability to check typed material for grammatical, typographical, spelling, word usage and formatting errors);
· The ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative;
· The willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
Cox & Palmer provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
· Health, dental, life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program, health and fitness allowance;