Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements
- Advise the business of applicable legislation and provide regulatory interpretation with respect to corporate commercial matters
- Provide the business with counsel on strategic initiatives, projects and transactions
- Participate in projects related to the development of new and innovative products and services and suggest to the business practical solutions
- Identify risks and propose ways to mitigate and resolve legal and regulatory issues
- Work closely with other members of the Legal team to continuously improve templates, processes and efficiencies
- Provide guidance to and liaise with external legal counsel as needed
- Develop or update legal policies and procedures
- Work closely with the compliance department on antitrust, compliance and competition law matters
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an in-house legal department or a large law firm
- Hands-on experience supporting digital, e-commerce and emerging technologies, a strong asset
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, organization, project management and problem-solving ability
- Strong business acumen, analytical, communication and presentation competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with multiple stakeholders, facilitate consensus and build relationships across the business
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, proactive with the ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced team environment
Through its newly renovated open concept offices, flex work policy and emphasis on work culture, Loblaw creates an environment that is modern, fun and dynamic. If you are a constant learner and determined to pursue excellence, this opportunity may be a great fit.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.