We are currently looking for a full-time legal assistant to join our wills and estates department in Winnipeg.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized and has superior computer, proofreading, and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate works independently, follows instructions with minimal supervision, and thrives in a fast-paced, professional team environment while providing superior customer service for both internal and external clients.
- Preparing, revising, and editing legal documents including wills, powers of attorney and healthcare directives
- Drafting correspondence including reports to clients
- Preparing draft estate administration reports and affidavits of execution to wills
- Preparing notice to creditors and affidavits of publication
- Filing requests for probate and requests for administration with the Court of Queen’s Bench
- Maintaining records, filings, and timekeeping
- Handling billing and related accounting matters
- Managing calendars for meetings, diarizing files, and tracking progress of file matters
- Managing Wills Vault
- Providing additional assistance and general office duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited legal assistant program and/or equivalent experience
- Experience as a legal assistant in the areas of wills and estates law considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading, spelling, and grammar skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: MLTA-000024
Application deadline: 2021-07-09
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent