Are you looking to grow your professional career in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to HyLife; Canada’s leading pork producer. HyLife creates limitless opportunities for passionate professionals in a global business setting. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of Legal Assistant,
reporting to General Counsel
, located in the community of La Broquerie, MB
Your days will include:
- Provide support to General Counsel, and Legal Counsel (Total 3 lawyers)
- Processing Invoices
- Monthly Visa Reconciliation for Legal Counsel
- Expense Reports for Legal Counsel
- Maintaining Corporate Minute Books
- Prepare Corporate Annual Resolutions
- Corporate Annual Return filings
- Statistics Canada Returns & Census filings
- Tracking Promissory Notes and expiry
- Diarizing renewals and deadlines
- Companies Office of Manitoba - Corporate searches
- Teranet Manitoba - Land Titles searches & filing of caveats, transfers, etc.
- Organizing and maintaining all original and electronic records and files
- Regulatory Compliance Statements
- Obtaining signatures within the HyLife organization and any outside parties, following up to ensure we have received copies of all required documents
- Legal Mail - pick up at Reception daily & distribute accordingly
- MOJs - receiving, tracking, signing and distributing
- Garnishments - preparing correspondence & any other applicable court functions required by Legal Counsel
- Assisting the Contracts Manager with any additional tasks as needed from time to time.
- Work from home options.
To succeed in this role, you possess:
Grade 12. Some community college is an asset
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to work independently in challenging situations
- Ability to prioritize according to organizational goals
- Ability to adapt to changing and new circumstances
- Ability to type 60 words per minute or greater
- Good grammar, spelling and general writing skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle priorities
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of a team with international reach, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
For more information about La Broquerie: http://www.labroquerie.com/