POSTING #: 2021-0069
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 8:30am to Monday, June 07, 2021 at 4:30pm
DEPARTMENT: Legal Services, Real Estate & Risk Management
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $97,886.95 - $118,982.70 per year
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Deputy City Solicitor, Legal Services, Real Estate and Risk Management, this position will be responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation in all areas of the law as necessary, including but not restricted to representation before the courts, administrative boards and tribunals;
- Drafting of by-laws and agreements; real estate transactions;
- Preparation of legal opinions for the guidance of Council and the Administration.
- Will perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ broad legal experience after being called to the Bar, with emphasis on real estate and corporate commercial files. A basic knowledge of municipal law and the Municipal Act, 2001 is desirable.
- Must be in and maintain good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful driver’s license is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must be fully computer literate and well versed in the MS Office suite, particularly Outlook and Word (Excel and Access skills will be considered assets).
- Must be able to effectively use Westlaw@Carswell and Internet resources for legal research.
- Must have strong interpersonal, negotiation, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with land use planning considered an asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.