You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory, and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally, and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
About the team:
KPMG Law LLP is a national law firm with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary and Montreal. Our assistants work closely with the lawyers to provide a superior client experience. KPMG Law LLP is affiliated with the professional services firm of KPMG LLP.
To learn more about KPMG Law LLP visit our website here.
We are currently searching for an experienced Legal Assistant to join our Business Law team in the GTA. This role will support our partners and lawyers with client service and practice management responsibilities. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys a collaborative environment with client contact. The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, strong attention to detail and organizational skills, with a desire to work in and promote a client-first culture.
What you will do:
- Process, edit, and proof-read a range of legal documents in MS Word, including complicated legal agreements, presentations and correspondence
- Generate comparison versions of legal documents using comparison software, and maintain version control
- Attend to electronic filing of legal documents and correspondence
- Organize meetings MS Outlook and Teams (including booking meeting spaces and coordinating room setups in a post-virtual environment)
- Prepare, submit and track legal counsel’s time and expense reports
- Attend to travel arrangements for legal counsel (in a post-virtual environment)
- Prepare and submit invoices to clients
- Work with risk administration teams to manage file opening processes for your team
What you bring to this role:
- Community College Certificate or Diploma, or equivalent combination of experience
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Legal Assistant, preferably in a corporate legal practice or, alternatively, administrative experience in a Big 4 environment
- Strong document processing skills are required (e.g. formatting and revising in Microsoft Office and Adobe, converting styles, cross-referencing, etc.)
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and coordinate processes
- Excellent organizational/follow up skills; attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy are required
- A positive and enthusiastic approach and a client service mindset
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
Keys to your success:
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong communication and legal writing skills
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way:
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.