Come join BC’s fastest growing grocery retailer in an exciting and challenging Legal Assistant role!
With a team of 22,000 of the world’s best grocers at more than 180 stores from B.C. to Manitoba, Save-On-Foods is one of BC’s Top Employers, B.C.’s Most Loved Brand, and a great place to grow your career. Our legacy of outstanding value and customer service dates back more than 100 years and continues in every community we serve, every day.
We value service, people, innovation, fun and integrity, and we strive to provide the best customer experience in every market where we do business. At Save-On-Foods we provide opportunities for continuous development, competitive total compensation and a fun working environment. We demonstrate corporate responsibility by living our core values supporting local and celebrating our world class team.
Our Legal Department is growing and we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join our team in Langley, BC.
Reporting to Vice President, Legal, you will be responsible for providing legal administrative support to legal counsel by managing file matters, preparing legal documents, maintaining records and files, as well as researching and analyzing as required.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing, modifying, renewing, and registering leases and other supplementary and related documentation as tenant (or landlord) of commercial properties.
- Performing land title office and PPR document filing searches (online and agent), primarily in Western Canada.
- Reviewing, auditing, and maintaining in-house corporate entities and in-house trademarks.
- Using knowledge of legislation, legal terminology, forms, and documents to draft various legal agreements and correspondence for review by lawyers.
- Maintaining legal systems and procedures (diarization, corporate, trademarks, security registration, contracts, files and litigation).
- Preparing reports at various levels on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Responding to legal enquiries from organization members and external stakeholders.
- Assisting with various administrative duties, as required.
- Legal Assistant certification or equivalent.
- Several years of experience in a legal administrative capacity, specifically in corporate/commercial and real estate law.
- Experience performing online searches through provincial online services (including the ability to read and comprehend results from land titles, corporate, PPR, taxes, property assessment and court services) and Strategis (trademark NUANS searches and federal corporations).
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Teams and PowerPoint.
- An excellent communicator with a demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Capable of working independently with minimum direction or supervision, as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to multitask with a high level of initiative ensuring deadlines are met.
- Able to recognize and react to confidential situations, using a high degree of discretion handling confidential information.
- Trustworthy and have integrity.
- Organized and excellent with time management and able to manage a large volume of files.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer a great range of benefits, a company pension plan, free access to our onsite gym, free parking, exclusive team member offers, and opportunities for development and career progression.
Save-On-Foods is an inclusive team-oriented environment where we recognize achievements and celebrate them.
If you want to be part of an organization that makes an impact every day in our local communities, apply online today!
PLEASE NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer please open this page in another browser such as Chrome or Edge to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday