Monteith Ritsma Phillips Professional Corporation is seeking an experienced Senior Corporate Law Clerk for our Stratford office.
At Monteith Ritsma Phillips, we're focused on providing timely, results-oriented legal services to the residents and businesses of Southwestern Ontario. Our firm of ten dynamic lawyers, supported by a highly qualified and dedicated administrative staff, provides full service in a variety of areas of the law through our four offices in Stratford, Listowel, Mitchell and Tavistock.
Monteith Ritsma Phillips has a long and distinguished history of providing legal services to the communities of Southwestern Ontario. Founded in 1849, our firm has embraced change over more than 160 years to serve the needs of individuals, businesses and municipalities of our community.
This is a great opportunity to join an experience team. Our firm successfully balances high standards of professionalism with a congenial, and flexible work environment for its members.
· Assisting Senior Partner with busy practice
· Managing large portfolio of corporate files
· Maintaining corporate minute books and filing system
· Assisting in other areas of law including wills, estates and real estate
· Managing Senior Partner’s scheduling and calendar
· Greeting and screening all visitors in a prompt and professional manner
· Ensuring that all incoming calls are answered promptly and professionally and are directed to the appropriate individual
· Operation of a POS terminal for credit card/debit transactions
· Other duties as assigned
· A minimum of 8 years of legal assistant experience, including a minimum of 2 years corporate law experience. Additional experience with real estate, wills and estates an asset
· A minimum of 2 years of experience as an office administrator; executive assistant or assisting a Senior Partner
· Advanced knowledge of Fast Company, Microsoft Office Suite and PC Law
· Knowledge of Teraview and Conveyancer
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and general office etiquette
· Exhibit strong writing and editing skills in the drafting, review and proofreading of legal documents, letters, internal and external emails, briefings, memos and other forms of communication to ensure accuracy and completeness
· Ability to review, analyze and exercise independent judgment, set priorities and multitask in a busy environment
· Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented atmosphere.
· Welcoming and courteous demeanor, with a focus on customer service
· Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure
· Ability to learn new technology quickly
· High level of discretion and confidentiality
· Must be an independent worker, resourceful, reliable, professional, a multi-tasker, and a team player
· Thorough, with strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
· Ability to read/write shorthand an asset
· Must be able to commute between the Mitchell and Stratford offices
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted.