The employment opportunity – Lawyer, Real Estate
Bilingual fluency in Polish or Spanish is required
Do you have a passion for helping people? Are you a licensed member of the Law Society of Ontario? Have you gained experience within a law firm in Ontario and are ready to grow in your career? Are you prepared to work independently within an established law firm? We want to hear from you for this unique opportunity within our firm.
MALICKI SANCHEZ Barristers and Solicitors is a dynamic, award winning law firm in Mississauga established in 1959. Our firm specializes in various areas of the law. It serves a multilingual clientele with English, Spanish and Polish being the most predominant. Because of our broad experience in various areas of the law we are able to provide a range of solutions to clients. We litigate but attempt to find alternative cost-effective solutions for our clients.
Your key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage all aspect of real estate transactions, including all client interactions
- Review complex loan commitments and documents
- Draft security documents
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, and brokers
- Order and negotiate title insurance policies
- Attend to closings, reviewing title searches, registering transactions and documents on Teraview, meeting with clients to review documentation, and preparing other transactional documents
- Supervise and assist law clerks handling high volume of residential and refinance, purchase and sale transactions
- Adhere to all important deadlines
Qualification for the position, include but not limited to the following:
- 5 years’ experience with Real Estate law a definite asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is required
- Professional verbal and written communication in Polish or Spanish is required
- Experience with Unity, Conveyancer, Teraview, Microsoft Teams, CosmoLex, OneDrive, Office 365, and other communication programs is an asset
- Good judgment, an ability to think critically, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in a change-oriented environment is highly desired
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to manage caseload independently is an asset
- Ability to be innovative in support of strategic business goals such as client satisfaction and revenue targets
What you will bring to the team:
- A motivated and proactive individual, with ability to prioritize and effectively meet deadlines while exceeding client satisfaction and creating a positive working environment
- A positive outlook, flexible attitude, enthusiasm, and a team player
- Ability to re-imagine the business to elevate client services and develop new clients is key
- The ability to problem-solve and work independently while being a leader to other team members
- Ability to add value to the legal team with revenue generation and cost savings while committing to exceeding client satisfaction
- Experience using CosmoLex, Microsoft Office, Divorcemate, Est8-a-base, Fast Company, Willbuilder, and ACL
Malicki Sanchez offers an enjoyable working environment and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and linked to an incentive program. Great opportunity to benefit from large, established client base.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Malicki Sanchez is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility.