Do you have a passion for helping people? Are you an experienced Family Law Clerk? Have you gained experience within a law firm in Ontario and are ready to grow in your career? Are you prepared to work independently within an established law firm? We want to hear from you for this unique opportunity within our firm.
MALICKI SANCHEZ Barristers and Solicitors is a dynamic, award winning law firm in Mississauga established in 1959. Our firm specializes in various areas of the law. It serves a multilingual clientele with English, Spanish and Polish being the most predominant. Because of our broad experience in various areas of the law we are able to provide a range of solutions to clients. We litigate but attempt to find alternative cost-effective solutions for our clients.
Your key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge and ability to read and understand Family Law Rules
- Preparing court documents for service and filing at all levels of the proceeding including Continuing Records, Endorsement Records, Financial Statements,
- Briefs, Document Disclosure, Motion Materials, and Trial Materials
- Experience in preparing Financial Statements and financial disclosure briefs
- Experience in preparing Uncontested Divorces
- Willingness and ability to correspond with clients and the courts
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Drafting correspondence and preparation of Accounts
Qualification for the position, include but not limited to the following:
- 3 years experience within Ontario focused on Family Law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential
- Experience with DivorceMate, Microsoft Teams, CosmoLex, OneDrive, Office 365, Unity and other communication programs are an asset
- Good judgment, an ability to think critically, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in a change oriented environment is highly desired
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to be innovative in support of strategic business goals such as client satisfaction and revenue targets
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to handle large volume of different files in an organized, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public, staff, and lawyers.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage work independently with minimal supervision
What you will bring to the team:
- A motivated and proactive individual, with ability to prioritize and effectively meet deadlines while exceeding client satisfaction and creating a positive working environment
- A positive outlook, flexible attitude, enthusiasm and a team player
- Ability to re-imagine the business to elevate client services and improve processes and develop new business is key
- The ability to problem-solve and work independently while being proactive
- Commit to client satisfaction and reaching revenue targets
- Ability to add value to the legal team with revenue generation and cost savings
- Knowledge with using CosmoLex Microsoft Office, Divorcemate, Est8-a-base, Fast Company, Willbuilder, and ACL plus other software as required
Malicki Sanchez offers an enjoyable working environment and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Malicki Sanchez is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility.