We currently have an opening for a legal assistant or paralegal with corporate/commercial experience.
Responsibilities & Knowledge:
- Open and close client files, and prepare pre-bills. Manage Lawyer’s calendars, meeting schedules, and Bring Forward system.
- Assist with the drafting of agreements, supporting documents, and correspondence based on written instruction or verbal direction.
- Conduct, review, and organize due diligence searches.
- Organize and maintain precedents.
- Assist with day to day inquiries and requests.
- Paralegal/Legal Assistant with a Corporate/Commercial background. Proficiency with BC Online,
- LTSA, BC Personal Property Registry filings. Critical thinking, analysis, and research skills.
- Strong communication skills with lawyers, colleagues, and opposing law firms. Strong understanding of corporate structures, trusts, and partnerships.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply legal documentation, laws or legislation. Ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion. Highly organized, detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Flexible, team player that is client service oriented.
We offer employees a positive working environment and encourage a balanced lifestyle. In addition to a competitive salary and vacation entitlement, we have a benefits program which includes paid personal days, wellness initiatives, health & dental benefits, group RRSP and TFSA plan with matching contribution, a social committee with firm sponsored social events, and professional development assistance.
Check out our firm website and Instagram pages.