Minken Employment Lawyers is a specialty employment law boutique that has been providing expert legal services for over 30 years on a full range of workplace issues to employees, employers, law firms, corporate counsel and human resource departments. Our firm uses a strong teamwork approach and considers every member of the staff to be an integral part of our operations. We strive for exceptional and forthright client service, and are committed to ongoing professional development. We have a high regard for the lives of our staff and believe in respecting a good work-life balance.
The ideal candidate’s core skills would be developed in a customer/client care field with strong emphasis on superior client service and will:
- Have at least 5+ years of professional client services/customer service experience, preferably in the legal field and education in HR or legal administration;
- Need to maintain high level of standards, demeanor and poise, discretion, confidentiality, written and oral communication skills, compassion and positive attitude towards people experiencing difficulties in their professional life;
- Possess superior organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail;
- Be a reliable, punctual and hardworking individual, with a strong ability to prioritize, who enjoys and excels working in a fast-paced professional environment;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications with demonstrated expertise in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Have a positive attitude towards continuing education, advancing skills and adapting to new responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Superior client care by telephone and in person from initial contact through end of representation and beyond, managing telephone, email and in person queries, being fully familiar with client base, monitoring intake processes and responding as appropriate or ensuring that all communications are addressed in a timely manner;
- Coordinating facilities maintenance and administration of the firm, arranging internal and external meetings, booking meeting rooms, facilitating refreshments, coordinating attendance with other participants, both internal and external; maintain firm’s communication and mailing record systems by updating contact and billing information records in the firm’s systems, and any and all client relating and business development activities as required;
- Administrative and executive assistance to the senior lawyer, associates, clerks, office manager and consultants;
- Legal file related assistance in opening, closing and maintaining files in accordance with LSO requirements and internal office procedures (copying, assembling, scanning legal documents).
Some Additional Responsibilities include:
- Researching and downloading cases in preparation for internal meetings or upon request using various legal research sources;
- Legal accounting data input, billings and payment processing tasks (knowledge of PCLaw is an asset) and accounts receivables;
- Coordinating IT support with providers, equipment administration and managing of supplies;
- Assisting with, coordinating and booking business development and marketing events, maintaining a database of referral sources, inventory of business development items (business cards, promotional materials, presentation folders), assisting and coordinating business development initiatives and projects etc.;
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please apply to Natasha Krestinina, Office Manager. Kindly provide a cover letter, a current resume, copies of educational transcripts, and references. Only potential applicants selected for an interview in person or by telephone will be contacted. www.MinkenEmploymentLawyers.com
Reference ID: 2020 August - Legal Assistant
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
We currently do not have client in-person meetings and are operating with only 1-2 people on site at all times. We take our employees safety very seriously and are happy to provide full update on measures in place during the interview.
- Legal Assistance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 10 years (Required)
- Professional Office: 3 years (Required)