Litigation Legal Assistant
Lawson Lundell LLP is a leading regional Canadian business law firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary and Yellowknife. The firm is recognized and respected by its peers in legal and business publications and was recently named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021. Business in Vancouver also recognized Lawson Lundell LLP as the fastest growing law firm in Western Canada.
Lawson Lundell LLP is currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic, hardworking individual who would like to work in our Litigation Group. The regular working hours for this role are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- Preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents
- Time entry and billing
- Preparing expense reports
- Maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system
- Meeting deadlines and limitation dates
- Drafting and filing court documents
- Providing overflow assistance and various general administrative duties as required
- Legal Administrative Assistant certification from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ of previous litigation experience
- Knowledge of general litigation rules and procedures
- Exceptional aptitude in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and solve problems in a fast paced environment
- Has the ability to work both independently and as part of a collegial team
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Displays extraordinary customer service in a professional, mature and courteous manner
- Highly dependable and adaptable with great work ethic
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
If you are a professional, hardworking team player with a positive outlook and would like to share your expertise with us, please submit your resume with a cover letter to Linda Kilkenny, Human Resources Advisor.
Exciting perks and benefits of working at Lawson:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits: extended health, dental, vision, out of country, life, AD&D
- Fitness Benefit: reimbursement for fitness equipment or fitness membership
- Paid Time Off: vacation time starts at 3 weeks, personal days, sick time, and a volunteer day every year
- Financial Benefits: defined contribution pension plan matched by the firm, RRSP, TFSA, year-end bonuses and an employee referral bonus program
- Fun Environment: annual year end party, happy hours, staff appreciation week, and many other social events
- Flexible work hours
- Awards: long term service and bonus vacation awards
What to expect
- A commitment to diversity and inclusiveness; we believe that fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace benefits both our firm and clients
- An environment where constant learning is encouraged
- A fun and collaborative work environment
- A team of unique individuals who will help take your skills and experience to the next level
- A commitment to providing a discrimination-free and harassment-free workplace environment
We support equal opportunities for all applicants and encourage all people of visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in Lawson Lundell LLP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.