Grasshopper Energy is Canada’s leading clean energy company, focusing on acquisition, development, EPC and long-term ownership of clean energy projects around the world. We foster a work culture that is dynamic and fast-paced, promoting the values of collaboration, professionalism, honesty, and hard work in an environment.
Grasshopper has been the recipient of multiple national industry awards including Solar Innovator of the Year, Project Finance Innovator of the Year and Solar Developer of the Year. Grasshopper at its core recognizes that its people are its most important asset and is seeking the best to be part of our team. We ensure our team members are taken care of with best in class overall compensation including competitive benefits, health & wellness incentives, career progression and an opportunity to experience an exciting entrepreneurial work environment.
As a Full-Time articling student joining our legal and compliance team you will gain practical experience in broad range of legal practices including commercial, contracts, financial services regulation, employment and an opportunity to learn the renewable energy business among others.
- Support legal and regulatory compliance team in liaising with business teams and management to identify potential legal risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Legal research
- Provide general legal advice on issues related to applications, compliance, corporate governance, regulation, policy initiatives and legal aspects of the business
- Drafting legal documents, reports and correspondence
- Provide project support and administrative support to the legal and regulatory compliance team
- Investigating facts and assisting in negotiations to resolve legal disputes
- Assisting with various other activities related to legal files
- Superior written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organization and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability to work effectively and cooperatively in a variety of situations and with various individuals and/or multi-disciplinary groups, including remotely
Education and Experience