Our Legal team is growing! We are looking for a lawyer with 3+ years of [in-house] experience to join our fast-paced legal team, supporting a tech company that’s changing e-commerce and logistics. From a diverse array of general commercial work to legal process improvement, you will be there to assist us in this high-growth organization.
Who You Are
You will be an integral part of the Cymax team working with all Cymax stakeholders and will have the following characteristics:
- You’re a business partner first, and a lawyer second
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, evolving business
- You are detail-oriented, with an ability to quickly digest and understand the big picture
- You are a trusted advisor with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- You are organized and self-sufficient
- You are empathetic and able to foster collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- You have high integrity and professionalism,
- You work hard and are creative – do what it takes to get the job done right
- You are calm under pressure and meet deadlines
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll report directly to the Vice-President, Legal and will:
- Work with internal stakeholders, external legal counsel, and third parties to review, negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial agreements, including NDAs, carrier/broker agreements, software license agreements, demand letters, …and so much more!
- Draft and revise company policies, templates, and online terms
- Advise and support various compliance, employment, and corporate law matters
- Assist with the preparation of Board and Committee materials and other corporate matters (including stock option issuances, share transfers, minute book maintenance, preparation of director resolutions, etc.)
- Conduct research and prepare business-focused summaries of findings
- Assist with management of our intellectual property portfolio
- Develop legal processes to scale and standardize our legal services
- Proactively monitor regulatory changes that may have implications on the Company
Your friends and co-workers would describe you as:
- An organizational master with a keen eye for detail
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Communicates clearly
- Gets stuff done
- Takes initiative and enjoys working independently (no micro-managers here!)
- Goes the extra mile
- Challenges the status quo
- Wants to learn and get better every day
The Fine Print
- A member in good standing of the Law Society of BC
- 3-4 years of relevant experience; in-house experience would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working on anything and everything that comes our way (hint: it’s pretty much every legal subject you’ve ever heard of – and stuff you’ve never heard of!)
Why work here!
The Cymax Group of brands build tech that runs business. Founded in 2004, our vision was simple: design an exceptional eCommerce experience. That idea evolved into a platform that includes online marketplaces Cymax Business and HomeSquare; Freight Club, a logistics solution; and digital supply chain tech enabling manufacturers with multichannel control: Channel Gate.
So, why work with us? For newbies to online selling, there is no better place to gain a comprehensive education on the end-to-end eCommerce experience. For the well-seasoned eComm aficionado, you’ll be on the cutting edge of eCommerce technology and innovation. For everyone, there's room to grow, mentorship, and a data-driven culture filled with diverse people who can’t wait to meet you. So why wait? Take your tech career to the next level and apply now!