Black Diamond rents and sells modular space solutions and workforce accommodation solutions to customers in Canada, the United States and Australia. In North America, we also provide specialized field rentals to oil and gas industries. We serve diverse sectors including oil and gas, mining, power, construction, engineering, military, government, and education.
Since our humble beginnings as a small operation in 2003, we’ve grown to encompass four separate business units, and earned a world class reputation, and a track record of over-delivering on promises.
We offer a career, not a job in an environment known for strength, flexibility and brilliance. Like a diamond we look for people who will grow stronger and shine brighter in a fast pace and challenging environment.
We have a full-time position for a Senior Legal Assistant in Calgary, AB.
Reporting to the VP, Legal and General Counsel, the Senior Legal Assistant acts as the sole legal administrator for Black Diamond Group and is responsible for providing executive legal assistance to the VP, Legal and General Counsel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise as first point of contact for all legal matters both internally with corporate personnel and externally with other organizations and associations
- Review and prepare correspondence on a variety of financial and legal documents such as highly confidential letters, memoranda, contracts, and proposals
- Maintain a well-organized filling system and establish records management protocols that permit easy reference and rapid retrieval of information
- Maintain records of all subsidiaries by preparing and filing annual returns, insurance renewals, minutes, resolutions, preparing and coordinating documents required by various corporate registries as needed
- Manage board meeting logistics and prepare ancillary documents required for all subsidiary board meetings
- Attend meetings as needed and take detailed notes with action items
- Maintain and manage the VP, Legal & General Counsel’s, schedule, and email
- Promptly receive and screen incoming telephone calls, incoming/outgoing manual and electronic mail, taking messages and responding where appropriate
- Coordinate various legal and corporate searches and due diligence
- Coordinate SEDAR, TSX LINX and SEDI filings.
- Assist with corporate acquisitions, mergers, sales, and similar transactions
- Provide support on scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reporting, legal invoices, forecasting and budgeting and such other administrative duties as may be required to support the legal team
- Other duties as required.
- Previous education/experience as a paralegal or legal assistant with experience in business/corporate law preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years Legal Assistant experience
- Experience with Diligent, SAP Systems, contract review, SEDI, TSX LINX
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and document management systems is essential
- Must have a critical eye for detail; consistently and efficiently deliver a very high level of writing/editing of confidential documents
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels within the organization, including members of the Board of Directors
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage workloads
- Efficient, fast, dynamic, motivated, resourceful, flexible, responsible, and flexible
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, flexible, exhibit sound judgment, and to make decisions and solve problems
For more information, please visit www.BlackDiamondGroup.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Black Diamond, our value of respect in the workplace is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.