Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Date: Sep 24, 2021
The Legal Assistant role requires a unique blend of skills and experience providing general and administrative support in our Corporate Group. The position will require a confident, reliable and business-minded assistant with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
The successful candidate will be personable, organized, discreet, detail-oriented, and have a client-first approach to work. In addition, the successful applicant must be team-oriented and accustomed to working as a work team with other assistants.
- Drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence, accounts and various transactional documents and forms.
- General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms, making travel arrangements, etc.; working with other related Departments/services internally to provide documents and other materials on time to meet client needs.
- Dealing with and responding to client inquiries expeditiously and conducting follow up; keeping the lawyers apprised of interactions in their absence.
- Opening, maintaining and putting away files, and maintaining precedent systems using the Firm protocol for knowledge management.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts and managing bring forwards.
- Preparing and updating cheque requisitions and expense reports.
- Updating and maintaining client/matter lists and current client contact records electronically to meet Dentons’ requirements.
- Maintaining and organizing files, both electronic and hard copy as required.
- Demonstrating a team approach; ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality; accountability in relation to both internal and external clients to achieve outputs and goals for the Department and the Firm.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legal Administration Certificate and minimum of 3 years of related corporate work experience;
- Solid work experience in a legal environment with working knowledge of corporate law;
- Demonstrated knowledge of procedures, with an understanding of corporate transaction documents.
- Passion for working in a team environment, willing to help others
- Ability to produce a high quality of work, occasionally under tight timelines.
- Able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and take initiative using sound judgment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of accounting and data management systems (i.e. Elite and iManage) preferred but not required
- Excellent organizational/follow up skills; attention to detail, proof reading and accuracy are required.
- Professional client and telephone manner and a proven track record of working with confidential information.
- Strong grammatical skills, including punctuation and proofreading, attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.