ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to equity, diversity and inclusion, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. We are guided by our firm’s Core Values - The Power of Teamwork, Always Striving to be Better, We all Bring Something Different - in all that we do.
Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support services team work together, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Our Waterloo Region office is currently seeking a senior Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Business Law group.
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the Professional’s office, initiating follow-up action.
- Engaging in the management of the professional’s practice.
- Prepare legal documents with little or no direction according to general precedents or instructions from Professional; letters, memos, etc. of a confidential nature, which may be drafted independently for review by supervisor or may be prepared from dictation or hard copy.
- Liaise between the Professional’s various internal and external individuals, groups, and clients at all levels.
- Forward or respond to routine correspondence not requiring the Professional’s attention.
- Manage the bring-forward or diary system/database to ensure important dates/deadlines are met.
- Take instructions, prioritizing incoming work, following through on assignments and managing ongoing tasks.
- Prepare special reports, which may include gathering, analyzing and summarizing data.
- Exercise initiative and judgement to relieve the professional of administrative detail.
- Create, monitor and maintain client files for better file management and client service.
- Coordinate administrative tasks e.g., accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability and commitment to produce a high quality and quantity of work product occasionally under tight timelines.
- Ability to handle more than one professional and undertake additional responsibilities as required within the share and team.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Able to prioritize and redefine priorities when necessary.
- Thrives in a fast paced work environment and is able to handle stress in a business-like manner.
- Strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail, highly organized and proactive.
- Capacity to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to deal with a constant workload, while being able to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.