Posting Start Date: Jan 19, 2021
Location: St-Bruno, QC, CA
Under the supervision of the Vice-President of Legal Affairs, the candidate will be responsible for supporting and managing aspects of the legal affairs sector and providing legal advice to internal clients.
Why work at Cascades
- A flexible and advantageous group insurance plan;
- Fitness: A gym is at your disposal within the head office;
- Possibility of teleworking up to a maximum of 50% of the time;
- Possibility of teleworking abroad.
- Community Involvement Program
- Training center;
- Long-term career management plan;
- A work environment focused on knowledge sharing and recognition of individual and team successes.
- Mentoring with experienced professionals;
- The opportunity to work in a major Canadian multinational;
The legal counsel will have the following main responsibilities:
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts;
- Assist the legal department lawyers in strategic transactions;
- Manage litigation files;
- Participate in various acquisition files;
- Advise the heads of the operating units on various legal issues;
- Ensure regulatory compliance in the performance of his duties.
Legal counsel must have the following qualifications:
- Be a member of the Ordre du Barreau du Québec (Quebec Bar Association)
- Have 3 to 6 years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department;
- Have an excellent knowledge of contract and commercial law as well as good business sense;
- Attention to detail;
- Fluency in drafting agreements;
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is an asset;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner. Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both women and men.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities.
Since 1964, we have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 operating units located in North America and Europe.