Field Trip Health Ltd. (CSE: FTRP, OTCBB: FTRPF) ("Field Trip"), a global leader in the development and delivery of psychedelic therapies. At Field Trip, we are redefining mental health and well-being through ground-breaking work in psychedelics and psychedelic-enhanced psychotherapy. Through Field Trip Health's intentionally-designed, technology-empowered clinics providing psychedelic therapies, Field Trip Digital's apps and resources scaling our protocols globally, and Field Trip Discovery, our drug development division developing the next generation of psychedelic molecules, we help people to heal and heighten engagement with the world.
We are seeking a talented Legal Counsel to support our team. As Field Trip’s Legal Counsel, you will play a multi-faceted role and will have an opportunity to support and foster the growth of a global leader in the emerging field of psychedelic therapies. Reporting to our General Counsel, your role will include managing day-to-day legal service requests from the business and providing advice and support in connection with regulatory disclosures and corporate governance programs. The legal counsel will also support Field Trip’s strategic business plan, including research into novel areas of law related to psychedelic medicines.
This role will start working remotely due to COVID 19.
What You Will Do:
- Review and draft a broad range of operating contracts and agreements
- Maintain legal precedents templates, including suggesting updates and creating new templates for review and approval of the General Counsel
- Collaborate with Field Trip’s accounting and finance departments to manage regulatory disclosures and corporate governance matters
- Conduct research on a broad range of legal-related issues, including healthcare law, employment law, and real estate law
- Assist in developing, enacting and monitoring Field Trip’s Compliance Program, Privacy Program and Contract Management Program
- Assist the General Counsel in the evaluation of existing department and procedures with a view to growing department efficiency and productivity
- Coordinating and conducting training for employees as required by the General Counsel
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the business units and Field Trip Health center staff
- Responding to ad hoc queries and performing ad hoc duties, research, and special projects as necessary
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- LL.B., J.D. degree (or equivalent), with a strong academic record from a top law school
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society or the Bar of the States of New York, California or Massachusetts
- 3-5 years of experience working in in the corporate department of a law firm, with commercial experience, or for an in-house corporate legal department working with various types of commercial contracts and transactions
- ‘Can-do’ attitude, solutions-focused, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, start up culture
- Experience in securities law, health law, IP law, privacy legislation, healthcare regulations, procurement law, and digital transformation and cross-border legal issues are an asset
- Ability to synthesize legal requirements across multiple jurisdictions into a unified and clear best practices recommendation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, often with minimal supervision with competing timelines and priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including written and oral communication with ability to communicate legal concepts to all management levels
- Customer service focus when interacting with Field Trip Health center staff and requests