Niren and Associates, a world-wide leader in providing Immigration Services, is seeking a Legal Assistant | Customer Service Representative to join their incredible Canadian legal processing team to help further their rapid growth.
We practice exclusively in the area of Canadian and U.S. immigration and have been serving our clients for over two decades. With extensive knowledge of immigration law, we have successfully helped thousands of people’s dreams come to reality.
We are located in the Rio-Can Center in midtown Toronto, right on the subway line at Yonge and Eglinton.
Our award-winning company has been featured in the Toronto Star, Globe and Mail, Maclean’s magazine, and our signature Attorneys have been featured on CTV, CBC and CityTV, to name a few.
At this time, we are currently seeking a Legal Assistant | Customer Service Representative with 2 years of expertise in Canadian immigration law and experience managing a high volume of clients. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a case load from beginning to end.
Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Understanding a variety of immigration processing categories and requirements for each category;
- Collecting information and documentation from the applicant or client, and ensuring that communications are responded to within 24-48 business hours;
- Gradually checking for updates on processing requirements and timelines at the appropriate government organizations;
- Using available resources to prepare case-specific legal arguments to draft and complete application packages, including legal submissions, forms, and supporting documents for review by the legal representative;
- Making the appropriate revisions to drafts as instructed and obtaining approval from the applicant or client upon finalization;
- Ensuring that applications are filed in a timely manner and that deadlines are being met;
- Updating and maintaining internal Client Management Software systems and databases on daily bases to ensure that all communication records are available and organized; and
- Notifying clients of upcoming extensions, and changes in processes or procedures.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience managing a high volume of Canadian immigration cases – both Permanent and Temporary;
- Experience managing effective and timely communications, thus ensuring the highest quality of customer service and professional services;
- Experience utilizing client management systems and keeping detailed records of communication;
- Ability to listen, empathize, build rapport and connect with prospective clients, as well as the ability to set and manage client expectations;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain healthy client relations as well as employee relations;
- Demonstrated expertise and efficiency with time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities; and
- Experience using Clio or Salesforce considered to be an asset.
Why Work For Us?
- Ongoing encouragement of internal growth with lots of opportunities to advance your career goals;
- Friendly and vibrant environment;
- Group benefits including medical and dental;
- Annual holiday parties and team-building events;
- Free breakfast/lunch on Fridays;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Having the opportunity to do meaningful work while learning from very well-respected immigration professionals in the industry; and most importantly
- Being part of a growing team that changes the lives of individuals and families from all over the world.
To join our growing team who continuously contribute to make us the premier global immigration service provider, please respond to this posting with your most up-to-date cover letter and resume.