Bishop & McKenzie LLP is currently accepting applications for a Collections & Litigation Legal Assistant to join their team in Edmonton. We are looking for a full-time highly motivated person to provide exceptional support to our lawyers and clients in a busy department. To thrive in this challenging role, you will embrace variety and have excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of unsecured collections and secured collections files
- Communicating directly with clients in a professional manner
- Preparation of pleadings
- Drafting various types of correspondence.
- Conducting various types of searches
- Registering encumbrances at Land Titles
- Determining payment plans with debtors
- Calculating balances and administering payments
- Preparing and sending Monthly billings
- Legal Assistant certificate/diploma or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years and direct work experience in a litigation or collections legal assistant capacity
- Critical thinking, analysis, and research skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment within deadlines
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically, Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as document management systems
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work as a team player
- Detailed records maintenance skills
- Strong customer service orientated
We offer a full benefit package, holiday entitlement in the first year, and an employer contributed RRSP.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Bishop & McKenzie has stringent In-Office COVID-19 protocols that are in place to ensure all employees and their families stay safe and well.
- litigation : 3 years (Required)
- legal assistant: 3 years (Required)