Our Transaction Services and Corporate Legal division provides professional support to all parts of the organization through the services it provides, including legal and transaction finance. Lawyers within the team specialize in services that support infrastructure and commercial projects, real estate and leasing, lending, privacy, government affairs, litigation, construction, and contract management.
As Corporate Secretary, you will be an officer of the corporation required to ensure the integrity of the governance framework and act as the primary support to the CEO/EMT and Board Chair/Board in the efficient administration of IO's decision-making at the level of the Board of Directors. You act as an advisor to the Board Directors and as executive liaison, while managing a team of professionals. All activities associated with the Board, Committees and other corporate governance matters are coordinated through this role.
What You Will Do
- Oversee agenda-setting and attend meetings to take minutes and maintain corporate records.
- Analyze decision-making needs of the organization and determine best path forward to the Board.
- Respond to Directors on all queries and provide a level of customer service to Directors.
- Synthesize Committee/Board meeting activity and ensure implementation and coordination of Board deliverables with the support of a team.
- Interpret governance documents, including legislation and government directives, and advise the CEO/EMT/Chair/Board on appropriate courses of action on a variety of governance matters.
Who We're Looking For
- Corporate Governance Certification or Law Degree is desired.
- Prior experience in providing governance support to a Board is an asset; knowledge of the manner in
which crown corporations are governed is also an asset.
- The ability to be diplomatic and discreet with confidential information is paramount, in addition to being able to read cues and provide early warning signs.
- Politically astute with superior interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency drafting and editing high quality and concise written communications;
ability to pay attention to detail and excellent research/documentation skills (e.g. board level
minutes, briefing notes, etc).
- Proven project management experience with strong research and analytical skills; demonstrated
ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and clearly define and articulate
requirements, priorities, and action items identified, in a time sensitive environment.
- Sound judgment and sensitivity in assessing difficult situations; proactive and confident with the
ability to develop, foster and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Experience in managing a team and fostering an environment of collegiality while driving results.
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to work in a complex, fast-paced and variable
environment, requiring flexibility and frequent extended and/or varied work hours.
Infrastructure Ontario is an inclusive employer, we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your application you are granting Infrastructure Ontario permission to process your personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Infrastructure Ontario may share your personal data internally to appropriate persons involved in the recruitment process and to third parties where there is an administrative or lawful basis for doing so. Provided that Infrastructure Ontario does not have any lawful reason to continue processing your personal data, you may make a formal request to rectify, erase or restrict (the processing of) your personal data.