Reporting to the City Clerk in the Legal Services Department you will have experience working in a past-paced office environment. You will be dynamic, self-motivated person who enjoys working with a team that produces exceptional results.
We are a direct support to the organization including our Mayor and Council and maintain a high level of professionalism and accountability.
This is a 1 year temporary position.
You will be responsible for providing administrative support for the Legal Services department, specifically:
- Corporate Records Management: File creation, document retention and destruction, distribution and execution for signature
- Invoice processing (Procurement/Accounts Payable)
- Processing Department Requests for external legal services
- Office Administration: general correspondence, procurement of office supplies, research assignments, internal and external inquiries, recycling program and any other duties as required
- Back-up/Relief Support for the Legislative Services Administrative Assistant
- Major Projects Support: Municipal Census and Municipal Election
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- High School Diploma, plus two years of post secondary education
- Corporate Records Certification, Office Administration, or Legal Assistant Certification preferred
- Equivalent experience or education may be considered
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years working in an office administrative position
- Able to communicate clearly, tactfully and effectively in person and via electronic technology (telephone/email)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Adobe Pro tools
- Demonstrate analytical skills, good judgment and decision making ability
- Able to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and balance multiple projects
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Able to conduct research and contribute to major projects
Experience in municipal government including legislative compliance and understanding of the Municipal Government Act is an asset.