To assist the Paralegals and Lawyers in preparing legal documents, conducting research, preparing correspondence, and communicating with company personnel, tenants or outside counsel.
What you will deliver
- Prepare first draft of legal documents, including leases and related agreements without assistance or supervision by paralegals or lawyers
- Review deal sheets for special provisions, analyze amendments required for documents and find appropriate step-downs
- Prepare subsequent drafts of documents based upon instructions from paralegal or lawyer but without supervision
- Prioritize large workload to ensure that documents are prepared to allow for review and issuance within the time periods set out in the department objectives
- Maintain a diary system to ensure appropriate follow up and retrieval of documentation
- Enter and maintain information in legal document status report
- Compose, type, distribute and file correspondence pertaining to documentation
- Open and maintain tenant files (computer and hard copy)
- Prepare legal and tenant fee reports as required
- Update and maintain precedent documents
- Search information from library files as required
- Enter finalized documents into digital storage system following library procedures
- Respond to questions from lease administration department about document status or content
- Process invoices for payment as required
- Perform administrative duties, including typing, distributing/delivering correspondence, photocopying, faxing, organizing and maintaining files and answering phones
- Maintain paper and toner levels in photocopiers and printers and arrange for repair as required
- Coordinate legal conference registrations
- Prepare expense accounts as required
- Do digital Land Titles searches as required
- Assist Leasing Paralegals and Legal Counsel as required
What your strengths are
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- A great teammate with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Able to interact at all organizational levels with tact and diplomacy
- Customer service focus
- Detail-oriented and focused on accuracy
- Mindful of confidentiality
What you need to succeed
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years working in an administrative role preparing leases and related documentation or equivalent legal experience.
- Certificate/diploma in Office Administration or Law Clerk’s program an asset
- Good knowledge of legal documentation
- Computer literacy with superior knowledge of: Word, Powerpoint and Google Drive
Why you should join us:
At Cadillac Fairview we have been transforming communities for over 50 years. We are so much more than our properties. We are building leaders at all levels. We offer the challenge of interesting work, a great organizational culture, the opportunity to collaborate with the best in the business, and support for your growth and development. We reward values-based behavior and superior results with a competitive rewards package that includes best-in-class benefits and pension. Imagine a place where you can make a difference!
At CF our everyday actions and critical business decisions are guided by our CF Values. Achieving results is naturally important for us and we achieve results through behaviours that are consistent with our CF Values.
Are you someone who believes in our values?
- Aim Higher – we strive to exceed expectations
- Own Your Expertise – we empower ourselves and each other
- Collaborate Effectively – we bring the right people together to get the right results
- Engage with Empathy – we objectively consider the needs of others
- Embrace Change – we drive, learn from, and adapt to change
At CF you’ll join a diverse community and award-winning team where your talent and commitment to excellence are welcomed, valued and respected. We’re ready to meet you there – are you?
CF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. If you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment, assessment, and/or selection process, please notify your CF contact or email firstname.lastname@example.org.