Sullivan Mahoney LLP is the largest law firm in Niagara, providing a full range of legal services to our diverse client base.
We have earned an unsurpassed reputation for impeccable service, thorough and pragmatic legal advice and complete commitment to our clients. Our lawyers are knowledgeable and dedicated to their professional development in order to best serve our clients’ needs.
Not only are we committed to our clients, but also to our communities. We give back through charitable donations, fundraisers and sponsorships.
The Legal Assistant role supports the day to day activities of the lawyer(s) within the family and personal injury practice group. This role is responsible for filing of documents, data entry and data management, document preparation and general practice administration.
- Provides support in the efficient and effective management of the practice including correspondence, diarizing events, scheduling, greeting clients, file management, etc.
- Prepares correspondence and legal documents for review
- Monitors proceedings for updates, schedules and decisions and documents
- Provides assistance to lawyer(s) with trial and hearing preparation and support
- Monitors deadlines, sends reminders and assists in preparing and filing responses within deadlines
- Performs various administrative functions including conflict checks, opening and closing files, and preparation of account related documents (i.e. docketing, billing summaries, etc,)
- Interacts professionally with clients, opposing counsel, experts and other relevant stakeholders via telephone and written communications
- Keeps informed of any changes in speciality area and is quickly able to adapt procedures to meet requirements
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and or required from time to time
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Legal Assistant or related role;
- Previous experience and knowledge in family and/or personal injury law;
- Experience in civil litigation is an asset;
- Successful completion of post-secondary Legal Assistant / Law Clerk or related program;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and legal software including PC Law;
- Ability to multi-task and manage high volumes of work within a busy practice;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and risk-assess high volumes of work, responding to shifting priorities as necessary
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate accountability, flexibility and adaptability
- Decisive and able to work with minimal direction/supervision
- Exceptional attitude and work ethic
- Willingness to assist others voluntarily or as requested in a team environment
- Enjoy working in a large office and team environment
- Willingness and ability to support and enhance the Firm's presence and goals
Sullivan Mahoney LLP is one of Niagara's most distinguished and trusted law firms. Our success lies with our knowledgeable and dedicated lawyers and staff. We strongly believe in our people - their efforts reflect our firm culture. From a commitment to client success, to the new ideas they generate, our employees have succeeded in making us what we are today.
In turn, we offer our staff competitive salary and benefits. We are always looking for self-motivated, hard working individuals seeking to be part of Niagara's pre-eminent full service law firm.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Sullivan Mahoney LLP is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.