Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
There are two (2) permanent full time positions available, working 35 hours per week.
Halton Region serves more than 580,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
Joining Halton Region opens the door to a fulfilling career. Our comprehensive compensation, great benefits and employee recognition program are a few reasons why we are one of the GTA’s Top Employers.
We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
Reporting to the Director of Legal Services, Legislative & Planning Services, the Law Clerk will be responsible for providing paralegal support to Senior Legal Counsel and Assistant Corporate Counsel with agreement preparation, documentation review and preparation of case summaries and policy matters.
Secondary School Graduation Diploma and successful completion of a recognized Law Clerks accreditation program are required. Experience in a law office or municipal government environment with a practice emphasis on any or all of contract law, administrative law, land development/planning, litigation and finance matters, Council/Committee procedures and municipal law & policies are preferred. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential. Must possess a high level of accuracy and organizational skills and the ability to research and apply provincial statutes and municipal by-laws relative to the activities of the position. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Provides a full range of paralegal support to Senior Legal Counsel and Assistant Corporate Counsel with an emphasis on agreement preparation, documentation review and preparation (including litigation documents), preparation of case summaries, and procedural and policy matters.
- Provides support to Regional staff in connection with program responsibilities.
- Researches and assists with the preparation of legal opinions and reports to Regional Council.
- Co-ordinates the preparation, execution and management of agreements, reports and other documentation under supervision of Senior Legal Counsel and Assistant Corporate Counsel.
- Provides computer assisted legal research services.
- Performs general office administrative duties to support Senior Legal Counsel and Assistant Corporate Counsel practice including correspondence and file management and keeps up-to-date on technical information in the legal field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
September 11, 2020
September 25, 2020
Apply Online at:
Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
How to Apply?
Click on Apply Now
to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.