Are you a strong communicator with a proven work ethic looking to join a diverse team of high performing legal professionals!?
We adopt new ideas and offer an environment where employees are recognized and respected for their input and opinions. We view our employees as our future leaders and strive to provide an environment that encourages self-improvement, innovation and growth so that we can promote from within.
We are looking for outstanding employees who share our vision to be the best in everything we do, from safe and reliable operations, to innovative solutions and complete team commitment and dedication to our values.
The Enbridge Legal team is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel based out of Enbridge’s Calgary office and who will be a member of its Corporate Law group. The Senior Legal Counsel will report to the Associate General Counsel who leads a legal M&A team of the Corporate Law group of Enbridge’s Law Department, and will be a member of a small team of inhouse lawyers who provide legal support to (i) Enbridge Canada Gas Transmission and Midstream (GTM)’s commercial team responsible for joint venture (JV) commercial activities, (ii) Enbridge’s Corporate Development office, and (iii) Enbridge’s Canadian GTM Business Development (BD) group.
What you will do:
- Legal support with structuring, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and interpreting contracts related to commercial activities of joint ventures.
- Legal support with structuring, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and interpreting contracts related to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and JV’s affecting Enbridge Inc. and its affiliates.
- Assist with due diligence in connection with M&A transactions or BD projects.
- Legal support with respect to Canadian antitrust laws in connection with M&A transactions and BD projects.
- Lead Enbridge legal team (through project management) in connection with M&A transactions and BD projects, including coordinating support from other Enbridge inhouse lawyers and subject matter experts..
- Manage the use of external legal counsel on discrete M&A transactions and BD projects to ensure that they are providing services in an effective and cost-efficient manner in accordance with Enbridge’s Outside Counsel Billing and Staffing Guidelines.
- Advise Enbridge representatives on potential legal ramifications/risks of a course of action involving an Enbridge company.
- Advise Enbridge representatives about legal developments and trends relevant to M&A transactions and BD projects.
Who you are:
- Law Degree from an accredited Canadian law school, or ABA accredited US law school.
- A member in good standing with the Canadian and/or a US state Bar Association.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of legal transactional experience either in-house at major Canadian and/or US company and/or at a major Canadian and/or US law firm.
- Highly developed ability to identify and respond to legal commercial business issues on short notice, and under strict time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively (cooperative yet persuasive approach) with all levels in the organization.
- Broad understanding of the North American energy industry.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com