25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5
President’s Choice Bank (PCF) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited (LCL) and was established to promote President’s Choice Financial products and services across Canada. PCF is focused on providing everyday payment solutions and services that reward the everyday. It operates in the following segments:
- Mastercard: The President’s Choice Financial Mastercard is offered and operated by President’s Choice Bank.
- Insurance: Home and auto insurance are offered through affiliates and relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Optimum: All PC Financial payment card customers earn PC Optimum points that can be redeemed in participating Loblaw banner and Shoppers Drug Mart stores.
- PC Services: this division of Loblaws Inc. operates in the same office location and includes The Mobile Shop and Gift Card businesses which are focused upon delivering convenience and exceptional value to LCL customers. Loblaws Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of LCL.
LCL is Canada’s largest food distributor and has expanded into certain non-food categories, with operations across the country. LCL concentrates on food retailing with the objective of providing consumers with the best in one-stop shopping for everyday household needs.
PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF’s vision is vision is to make the everyday simple and better.
President’s Choice Bank’s Legal department plays an integral role in assisting PC Bank in achieving its objectives. It provides support on a broad variety of matters including payment products, the loyalty program, gift cards, the mobile business, insurance, governance, and compliance issues. Reporting to the Director, Legal Counsel, PC Bank is seeking a Senior Manager, Legal Counsel to join the Legal team at PC Bank.
What You'll Do:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of material outsourcing and other vendor contracts
- Advise the business of applicable legislation and provide regulatory interpretation with respect to banking and corporate commercial matters
- Provide the business with counsel on strategic initiatives, projects and transactions
- Participate in projects related to the development of new and innovative products and services and suggest to the business practical solutions
- Identify risks and propose ways to mitigate and resolve legal and regulatory issues
- Work closely with other members of the Legal team to continuously improve processes and efficiencies
- Provide guidance to and liaise with external legal counsel as needed
- Develop or update legal policies and procedures
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in an in-house legal department or a large law firm
- Hands-on experience supporting retail banking products and services, including credit cards and deposit products, a strong asset
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements (experience with IT agreements an asset)
- Experience in interpreting and advising on governing legislation both provincially and federally and providing regulatory guidance
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, organization, project management and problem-solving ability
- Strong business acumen, analytical, communication and presentation competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with multiple stakeholders, facilitate consensus and build relationships across the business
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, proactive with the ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced team environment
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.