Come join our Canadian headquarters in Mississauga as Legal Counsel! Enrich yourself as you work for a global company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter. As a member of the Canadian Legal & HR team, you will work closely with partners in Canada and around the Kellogg world to provide practical legal advice as we develop exciting commercial programs. You will partner with Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, IT and others to help develop commercial programs and practices that drive the Canadian business. Together we will shape a stronger future for our company and your career!
HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Providing Broad-Ranging Legal Advice – Guide and support KCI’s National Sales Team, Finance & IT department, and national Supply Chain network by negotiating and drafting agreements, conducting legal research, supporting organizational effectiveness initiatives, and providing timely commercial legal advice.
- Managing Litigation and Providing Proactive Advice – Lead the company’s litigation efforts in a variety of areas. While you’re at it, you’ll be providing general corporate and commercial legal advice to the organization.
- Growing and Applying your Legal Knowledge – Support your partners and the organization by applying your knowledge of commercial, competition, employment, contract, insurance, and corporate law to dynamic situations.
- Participating in Global Projects and Other Initiatives – Participate in large global or regional projects and initiatives including acquisitions, divestures, and corporate treasury programs.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Law Degree from an accredited university in Canada or equivalent
- Called to the Bar in Ontario, Member of Law Society of Ontario
- Minimum 2-3 years related work experience in a Canadian legal department or law firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels
- Experience drafting and negotiating corporate/commercial contracts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Knowledge of competition law, corporate governance, litigation, and/or employment law would be an asset.
At Kellogg Canada we take great pride in our comprehensive total rewards program. This program is an important way of recognizing the value and contribution of our employees.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants.