Corporate Commercial Law Clerk
We are seeking a Corporate/Commercial Law Clerk to join our team. Candidates should have experience in corporate/commercial law and have effective time-management skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handling corporate files from open to close and attending to any post-closing requirements;
- Drafting of all necessary documents/forms for various corporate transactions;
- Maintenance of Corporate Books and records;
- Conducting corporate research;
- Conducting and reviewing of due diligence searches; and
- Providing updates and reports to clients as necessary, both during the life of the file and post-closing.
- A diploma in a related Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk program or equivalent years of experience will be considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills;
- Strong understanding of legal terminology;
- Ability to analyze and understand legal documents;
- Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently as well as with Lawyers and other employees as part of a team; and
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines.
Salary will be discussed at interview and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please provide a covering letter and resume when applying. All candidate information received will be held in the strictest of confidence.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $28,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care