MLT Aikins Vancouver is in search of an experienced legal assistant to support our growing aboriginal law and commercial practice.
The successful candidate is a graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant program with a minimum of five years in a law practice. Working closely with our team of Aboriginal and commercial lawyers, this position will work with clients in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Yukon. Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess skills that include the following:
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program
- Minimum of five years of experience in the legal field
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have proof-reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts, managing travel arrangements
- Following instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), having strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Maintaining the Bring Forward system
A friendly, cooperative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter.