The Town of The Blue Mountains is a growing and progressive, four-season community with stunning natural features, including the Niagara Escarpment, Beaver Valley and the Georgian Bay shoreline, and the various recreational activities and experiences they afford. We are seeking to fill the full-time, permanent position of Legal Services Clerk within our Legislative Services Department.
Advantages of The Blue Mountains include excellent quality of life, endless opportunities, the amenities of a complete community and proximity to the Greater Toronto Area, come join us!
· Help the Town achieve higher performance by supporting the Director of Legal Services in his/her administrative duties.
· Provide confidential administrative support, research and coordination as required within the Legal Services Department.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
· Requires minimum of 2 years post-secondary education for Law Clerk.
· A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience in a Legal Office or similar experience in a municipal administration environment assisting at a Director level.
· Requires at least two years’ experience in dealing with public inquiries and concerns, preference will be given to those with municipal experience.
· Exceptional organization and file-management skills.
· Experience working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
· Word processing, spreadsheet and database computer skills required.
· Must have good organizational skills to maintain records and ensure reports are completed in a timely manner.
· Valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s license in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
· Fluency in creating accessible documents to meet the Town’s legal obligations under the Information and Communications component of the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation
· Requires good attention to detail, organization and communication skills. Ability to work well with people at all levels in the hierarchy and handle the stresses and pressures that are associated with the position with maturity and a positive attitude.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Information for Interested Candidates:
A detailed job description and instructions on how to apply are available on the Town’s website, www.thebluemountains.ca under Town Hall - Employment Opportunities.
Reference ID: Job #20-26
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57,308.00 to $67,043.00 /year