We face many unprecedented challenges in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak and ICBC is working hard to ensure our recruitment process continues. First and foremost is the health of our employees and candidates.
- We are conducting our interviews via video.
- Testing is online.
- The Recruitment Specialist will discuss these options during the initial phone screen.
Claims Legal Services has a great opportunity for a Legal Assistant Litigation to work in our Kamloops office. You will contribute to the success of ICBC as we work to provide the legal defence of personal injury and other lawsuits against ICBC and its insured. You will provide legal administrative support to one or more lawyers as required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing legal documentation (eg. Drafting Responses and Lists of Documents) and correspondence, as well as organizing flow of information between interested parties.
- Preparing and maintaining necessary file information and documentation.
- Organizing case files and arranging appointments and court dates.
- Handling calls which do not require a lawyer’s attention.
- Maintaining an extensive “bring forward” system.
- Legal Secretary’s Diploma or Certificate
- 1 to 2 years related experience in progressively responsible legal secretarial positions involving the preparation of legal documents
- Thorough knowledge of litigation procedures and legal terminology
- Familiarity with BC Supreme Court Civil Rules and Small Claims Rules, Court Registry procedures, parts of the Motor Vehicle Act, Insurance (Vehicle) Act and claims procedures pertaining to personal injury litigation
- Superior knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic
- Ability to prioritize, adapt to changing demands and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of tight deadlines
- Superior interpersonal and judgment skills
- Keyboarding speed of 50wpm
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications to produce legal correspondence and documents, and ability to learn software related to the job
ICBC is committed to delivering consistently high quality customer service to all British Columbians. If you are reliable and dependable, we welcome you to make the most of your skills and take the opportunity to join our talented, diverse and inclusive team. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment. Drive your career with us.
ICBC is committed to being an inclusive employer, one that reflects the diversity of the people and communities of British Columbia.