Putting people first, every day:
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Toronto office is looking for a Senior Legal Administrative Assistant to join our BDO Law team and own the following responsibilities:
- To work in a fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and challenging environment.
- To provide general support to the lawyers and clerks of BDO Law LLP’s Business Law practice group.
- To offer clerical and administrative assistance, including but not limited to, opening and closing files, docketing, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars and attending to daily correspondence.
- To provide administrative support with respect to accounting and billing matters.
- To assist lawyers and clerks with document preparation.
- To attend to other business related matters as they arise.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains and attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development
Your experience and education
- If you have a Community College Certificate/Diploma in a Legal Secretarial/Office Administration program considered, it will be considered an asset.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ prior experience in a business law practice.
- You posses strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail and a desire to continuously develop your skillset.
- You are independent, highly motivated, enthusiastic, proactive and attentive.
- You enjoy multi-tasking and are adaptable to change.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are knowledge with Accounting/Billing/Time Management software
- You have exceptional client service skills.
- You thrive in a paperless environment.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- Firm success - We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- Professional success - We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Personal success - Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and flexible time off through vacation, personal, and volunteer days. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.