Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
The Legal Counsel team is dedicated to providing legal advice and counsel to areas including corporate development, corporate lawyers, external counsel, intellectual property and litigation. Our dynamic professionals ensure compliance with the legal requirements for the Bank as a cross-border public company while providing legal advice to the business activities of TD Bank Group. If you want to be a brand ambassador who can help strive efficiencies for the bank, then join our team and make an impactful contribution to TD and your own success.
You will be a member of a hard-working group of lawyers in the Legal Department. As Senior Counsel, you will have a challenging and diverse practice that will allow you to refine your legal skills every day. You will work as part of a team to provide ongoing support and legal advice to TD’s Everyday Banking & Payments businesses and certain back-office functions that support these areas. This includes:
- participating in the product development process, issue-spotting and liaising with subject matter experts (internal and external) to guide the EDB & Payments teams to workable solutions;
- ensuring compliance with Bank Act consumer provisions and related codes/commitments, payments legislation and select provincial statutes;
- advising on payments system rules, regulations, contracts and governance issues that arise in TD's dealings with Payments Canada and with private payments networks for debit and other retail payment types;
- supporting our businesses in their industry work to enable modernization of Canada's payments systems;
- reviewing and advocating on new legislation and regulation;
- keeping yourself and the TD Legal Department, businesses, channels and corporate areas up-to-date on legal issues affecting your areas of responsibilities;
- drafting and reviewing customer agreements and communications, including marketing materials;
- drafting and negotiating third party contracts (including contracts with payment networks, vendors and other third parties);
- assisting in the resolution of operational issues from both Banking Services and the Bank’s channels;
- assisting in the resolution of customer issues and complaints; and
- assisting in the resolution of FCAC issues.
Provide best-in-class legal advice that is integrated with your clients’ strategies and objectives and coordinated across all relevant jurisdictions.
- Provide advice in a clear, concise and timely manner in a highly demanding and time sensitive environment.
- Build and maintain excellent, collaborative working relationships internally and externally and regularly advise and collaborate with other representatives of Control Functions within the Bank.
- Contribute to high-priority Legal Department initiatives, including Knowledge Management and workflow improvement.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in financial services law, with an emphasis on retail banking and payments.
- Demonstrated depth and breadth of knowledge of a broad range of Canadian bank regulatory laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Act and its regulations, Bills of Exchange Act, Canadian payments legislation.
- Knowledge of payment systems in Canada and network operating regulations.
- Some knowledge of privacy and AML laws.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organization skills, ability to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to think critically, work independently and make risk-based decisions.
- Ability to interact and effectively advise senior officers of the Bank.
- Ability to deal with conflicting points of view and effect creative solutions.
- Ability to be “solutions-oriented”, have excellent business and legal judgment and an aptitude for working effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work effectively with external counsel.
LL. B. called to the Ontario bar.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Category - Primary
Legal Services / Counsel
Work Location at Toronto Lawyer Job Board
TD Centre - TD Tower - 66 Wellington Street West