Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving more than 220 airports on six continents and the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking from independent U.K. research firm Skytrax. In 2019, Air Canada has been voted for the eighth time in ten years, the Best Airline in North America. We are among the 20 largest airlines in the world and in 2018 served nearly 51 million customers. We plan on serving and delighting even more. We are undergoing significant growth and transforming to become a global aviation champion.
We have an innovative legal team that continues to earn the respect and confidence of our internal colleagues, participating as true business partners to support Air Canada’s strategic objectives. When you join Air Canada and its Legal Department, you’ll become a vital part of a team of driven professionals that are truly making a difference, connecting Canada and the world.
We are seeking a legal assistant to join our dynamic legal team in Montreal on a permanent basis. Reporting to various legal Counsel, the selected candidate will provide a variety of support on a wide range of matters. The selected candidate will be one who is a dynamic team player, as collaboration is an essential aspect of the job.
The successful candidate will need to have strong organizational skills and possess meaningful experience in a legal department, law firm or in a comparable position. The person will be called upon to perform the following tasks (among others):
- Provide administrative and secretarial support for several Counsels;
- Maintain and up-date extensive filing system;
- Open, organize and maintain files and documents including computer files for rapid and effective retrieval;
- Review and monitor status of files and assist with follow-up;
- Maintain and coordinate efficient flow of documents;
- Manage and maintain Counsel schedules;
- Organize and coordinate meetings/conference calls as well as travel arrangements for Counsel;
- Ensure follow-up on status of action items/projects;
- Provide accurate word-processing support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents, including highly confidential correspondence, memoranda and contracts;
- Perform additional functions as directed or assumed on personal initiative to improve workflows and processes.
The selected candidate may not necessarily have experience to perform all tasks and will receive hands on training from our capable team.
To succeed in the position, the candidate should have a track record demonstrating the following qualities or characteristics:
- Proven experience as an executive administrative assistant, senior executive assistant or in other secretarial position;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Exemplary planning and time management skills;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload;
- Discretion and tact;
- Minimum of high school degree with 5 years of secretarial and/or administrative work experience;
- Availability to work flexible hours, on occasion;
- Capable communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A team player who cares about getting the job done and well, willing to roll up sleeves when needed;
- Ability to work without immediate and constant supervision;
- Ability to work well under pressure with speed and precision, and to determine priorities to meet various deadlines;
- Desire to take on new initiatives, to learn and adapt to new types of work and to changing requirements;
- A desire and ability to continuously expand and update professional knowledge and hone training skills to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Integrity (including a strong work ethic, discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information, dedication to follow through on commitments, and openness and honesty in communications as well as a respectful demeanour) is assumed.
- Knowledge of the industry is an asset. A successful candidate will be one who takes pride in his or her role as a representative of the Best Airline in North America.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications on the clear legal job board in Quebec to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.