DLA Piper (Canada) LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada and around the world. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan.
We are currently looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Labour and Employment department and invite you to review the job description. This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic firm.
Please note this position is for a maternity leave contract (12-15 months).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce documents including typing, revising, creating blacklines and/or multiple versions of daily correspondence and/or practice specific documents;
- Maintain established filing and bring forward systems which may be in either manual or electronic form;
- Interact professionally with clients, opposing counsel, experts and other relevant stakeholders via telephone and written communications;
- Coordinate schedules and organize various meetings;
- Complete electronic and/or manual filing;
- Perform various administrative tasks including conflicts checks, opening and closing of files and other Finance procedures;
- Provide a high level of service;
- Other duties as required.
What's In It For You?
- Health benefits including extended health and dental, life insurance, AD&D, short and long term disability and emergency out-of-country travel
- Retirement savings benefits including a support staff pension plan (firm contributes to the plan and matches staff contributions to a maximum percentage of salary), and a Group RRSP where staff contributions can be deducted directly from pay
- Time off including competitive vacation time offering based on tenure with the firm and acknowledgment of all statutory and some non-statutory holidays
- Wellness benefits including an Employee and Family Assistance Plan and an annual fitness benefit
- Support for professional development expenses
- Team environment with staff events and celebrations
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Formal Legal Assistant education required;
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant;
- Knowledge of Labour and Employment preferred;
- Excellent software skills, particularly with Microsoft Office;
- Experience in Nuance PDF, FileSite, Elite, Workshare programs is considered an asset;
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities;
- Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DLA Piper Canada encourages all Applicants with disabilities to contact DLA Piper Canada if they require accommodation during the recruitment process. DLA Piper Canada will consult with the Applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the Applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.