Based out of our head office in Liberty Village, the Summer Student who has completed their first or second year of law school will provide support to the Legal Department of five Lawyers and Law Clerks. The Summer Student will gain experience in the following practice areas: Commercial Real Estate Law, Corporate Law and Advocacy/Litigation.
• Legal research;
• Drafting legal documents, reports and correspondence;
• Provide administrative support and project support;
• Creating, organizing and maintaining up to date departmental files of all correspondence, as well as other filing;
• Organizing files for off-site storage;
• Maintaining a variety of electronic databases;
• Preparing correspondence, photocopies and emails;
• Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Required level of education and job-related experience:
• Currently enrolled in a university first or second year law school program
• Legal research experience;
• Strong organizational and communication skills;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Strong communication and organizational skills;
• Strong MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel);
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Accessibility support and accommodations for disabilities, wherever appropriate, will be provided in the recruitment process on request.