You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Overview of the opportunity:
KPMG Law Tax Litigation & Dispute Resolution section assists companies and individuals to protect against, prepare for, and respond to challenges by the tax authorities. KPMG Law is involved in each stage of the tax dispute – from pre-litigation to litigation in provincial and federal courts and tribunals.
We are currently searching for an experienced Legal Assistant to join our Vancouver team. This role will support lawyers with document processing and client services responsibilities. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team work environment with client contact. The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills, with a desire to work in and promote a client first focused culture.About the Team:
KPMG Law LLP is a national law firm with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary and Montreal. Our Vancouver team practices in Canadian corporate tax, international corporate tax and tax M&A practices. Our assistants work closely with the lawyers to provide a superior client experience. KPMG Law LLP is affiliated with the professional services firm of KPMG LLPWhat you will do:
- Handling all administrative duties for a team of lawyers in the Vancouver office
- Prepare legal document packages and forms for court filings, client submissions and trial preparation and proceedings
- Process, edit, and proof-read a range of legal documents in MS Word, including legal agreements, presentations and correspondence
- Generate comparison versions of legal documents using Track Changes and Workshare Compare, and maintain version control
- Attending to electronic filing of corporate-related legal documents
- Organization of meetings, including booking space and coordinating meeting invitations
- Prepare, submit and track legal counsel’s time and expense reports;
- Administer processing of invoices to clients
- General office support activities
- Apply for legal jobs on the Clear Legal Job Board in Vancouver
What you bring to the role:
- College Certificate or Diploma, or equivalent combination of experience
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Legal Assistant
- Experience in filing in both British Columbia courts (required) and the federal courts (an asset)
- Excellent attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy in documentation preparation
- A positive, enthusiastic team member who engages colleagues, partners and clients in a professional manner
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to work effectively in a deadline driven environment
Keys to your success
KPMG Offers Many Benefits
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong communication and legal writing skills
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
- Competitive salary
- Three weeks of vacation per year
- 5 days of personal time for personal/family emergencies.
- Pension plan
- Comprehensive group benefit plan
- Lifestyle Spending Account and reimbursement to access mental health practitioners
Details about our total rewards program can be found here: https://home.kpmg/ca/en/home/careers/life-at-kpmg/benefits.html
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.