Position: Paralegal Intern
Start date: February 3, 2019 or earlier
Duration of the internship: 15 weeks
Seedbox is home to some of the most creative, curious, and driven employees of our time. Based in Montréal, we offer services in website design and development, digital marketing and entertainment media. We create solutions that businesses can actually use and benefit from. For Seedbox, innovation is not just doing something new... it's doing something differently to spark ideas and create more value.
Think. Create. Share.
What we offer in terms of growing your Paralegal skills:
- You will be working hand in hand with the Paralegal on drafting and managing commercial agreements, such as service contracts, license agreements, procurement contracts, technology agreements, confidentiality agreements, corporate agreements (M&A) etc.;
- You will work on a special project regarding the integration of a new Contract Management Software;
- You will be involved in acquisition transactions and partake in the due diligence process, both on the corporate and commercial side;
- You will learn the basics of corporate law and draft corporate resolutions/minutes and proceed with the annual filings for our group of entities;
- You will help streamline our legal processes and play an active role within the Legal team;
- You will be exposed to IP law such as managing domain names and trademarks.
What we expect you to bring to the table:
- You must be bilingual (spoken French and English) and have excellent written English skills;
- You must be punctual, professional and have good email etiquette;
- You must be able to work under pressure and handle multiple projects at once;
- You must be wanting to learn and grow.
What we offer in terms of perks/compensation:
- A chance to learn a ton and add valuable experience to your CV, setting you up for a successful career in the Legal field.
- Free breakfast and specialty coffees.
- Free parking.
- Easily accessible location by public transit.
- Weekly fixed financial incentive