Working within a team environment our Tax Paralegal is responsible for providing primary paralegal support to the Tax Practice Group and the Corporate/Commercial Practice Group as needed. The ideal candidate will be a senior paralegal with experience in Corporate law and procedures. Key responsibilities include:
- Working on corporate reorganizational closings, including drafting documents relating to incorporations, amendments, amalgamations, redemptions, rollovers, and various other types of corporate transactions;
- Maintaining Minute Book records when necessary;
- Responding to daily inquiries from lawyers, legal assistants and on occasion, our clients;
- Participating as a dedicated/assigned paralegal on projects or large transactions; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Seven+ years’ experience as a Corporate paralegal (experience in Tax is an asset);
- Related post-secondary education or equivalency (.e. Legal Assistant Certificate, Paralegal diploma);
- CORES (Level III) certification;
- Direct experience drafting resolutions/documents related to corporate reorganizations;
- Must be results oriented and demonstrate exceptional time management, organizational and follow-up skills;
- Experience with a corporate database and document management system is preferred;
- Advanced computer skills; proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent research and analytical skills, good judgement, high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Capacity to manage many files simultaneously and a proven ability to work under pressure of time;
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment; and
- Demonstrate commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to:
Dentons Canada LLP
Human Resources Department
We believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to the success and strength of our firm. We believe that a proactive approach where we support and embrace our individual talents and differences enriches our firm, our professional practice and our communities. It offers us a broader perspective to foster more creative ideas and greater effectiveness, which enhances our ability to provide our clients with the best possible advice and service. Dentons Canada is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any accommodation requirements, we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.