We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting to the Director, Professional Services, the purpose of the Wills Department Administrator position is to provide comprehensive administrative support to the Wills Officer, the Estate and Trust Department and the Estate and Trust Consultants as it relates to the effective and efficient operation of the Will Department in its day-to-day operations.
How You’ll Succeed
- Estate & Trust Acumen – Responsible for physical attendances to Will Bank Vault located off premises. Usually once or twice -a-day, task can include retrieving original estate planning documents for estate or POA fall-ins, filing of documents received from existing clients, retrieving files to be closed, those requiring updating when new documents executed by clients, or otherwise as required. Responsible for file opening for new Will clients to the Will department, as well as intake and preliminary administration for new Wills and POAs for existing clients, before providing necessary information at appropriate time to Wills Officer for final intake.
- Administrative Support – Acting as first point of contact for all incoming telephone calls received by Wills Department, to ensure polite and professional first impression is made, and that the client experience when phoning the Wills department is at all time of top quality service. The timeliness of responses and appropriate action taken on requests are also key to this activity. Scan existing and new estate planning documents, as a special project and ongoing.
- Operational Support - Assist Wills Officer in responding to requests for information and documentation from Estate and Trust Consultants to facilitate their new business activities and results including under age 60 packages. All correspondence outgoing, and handling of Will department incoming mail to provide prompt and efficient handling of matters requiring attention. Assist in the monitoring of the Wills Department mail boxes and taking action on requests from lawyers, clients and Estate and Trust Consultants. responsible for final closing of all files and removal from physical vault for off-site storage. Contribute ideas and activities in improved digitization of Wills Department processes and other related process improvements
- Reporting - Manage and prepare of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as and when requested by Wills Officer and/or Department management.
Who You Are
- You have knowledge of Estates and Trusts and/or CIBC bank operations.
- You are highly skilled with Excel and Word.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile because it's the right thing to do.
- You’re an organized person. You are able to manage several small to medium sized projects concurrently involving complex changes to technical or business environment. You work well under pressure, with tight deadlines, and sometimes competing objectives.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
18 York Street, 12th Floor