LAND DEVELOPMENT AND CONSTRUCTION
A fast-growing land development and construction company located in Vaughan, Ontario, seeks a junior to intermediate level lawyer to join its management team.
The position is not traditional, in terms of legal practice. The candidate will be involved in managing all aspects of real estate development projects, involving both legal and non-legal aspects. Duties would include the following:
- preparing R.F.P’s, L.O.I’s, P.O.’s and contracts for consultants and trade contractors
- assisting with applications for official plan/zoning amendment and site plan approval
- working with planners to coordinate the flow of information between consultants, stakeholders, ward councilors, planning staff and community groups
- assisting with processing of permit applications, crane-swing and encroachment agreements
- overseeing applications for draft plan of condominium and condominium registration
- coordination with external lawyers for preparation of condominium disclosure documents, condominium closings, insurance claims, construction liens etc.
- assisting the Directors with feasibility analysis and the preparation of new Project proposals, budgets, cash flow plans and corporate operations and procedural improvements
- monitoring compliance with Tarion requirements (Bulletin 19, warranty claims, performance audit etc.)
- processing of applications for bonding, insurance and excess deposit insurance and assisting with Project financing requirements, including construction loans
- assisting with management of sales, marketing and upgrade programs for new projects
- attending to post-construction activities, including the release of letters of credit, coordination of condominium turnover meetings etc.
- 2-5 years of legal experience. Experience in real estate, development, municipal law and/or construction law would be an asset
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and assume a leadership role
- Ability to conform with shifting priorities, demands and timelines in a high pressure setting
- Ability to work collaboratively and to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources and effectively solve problems
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
Full-time position with immediate start date
Salary commensurate with experience
Send: (a) resume; (b) cover letter; and (c) 2 reference contacts to YYZed Project Management. Attention: email@example.com.