Senior Counsel – Canadian Personal Wealth Management
BMO Financial Group is seeking a lawyer to join the Canadian Personal Wealth Management Legal Team in Toronto as Senior Counsel responsible for providing legal support to BMO Nesbitt Burns, BMO InvestorLine and BMO Private Banking.
BMO Nesbitt Burns, our full-service investing business in Canada, offers comprehensive and client-focused investment and wealth advisory services, leveraging strong financial planning capabilities.
BMO InvestorLine is our online investing service that offers clients two ways to invest: clients can choose our top-ranked self-directed service, which provides tools to help investors make independent investment decisions, or adviceDirect™ which provides investors with online advice and investment recommendations for their portfolios.
BMO’s Private Banking business in Canada offers a comprehensive range of financial services and solutions to high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients.
The successful candidate will be a team player with strong legal, organizational and inter-personal skills and a proven ability to:
• make things happen with pace
- support businesses as they evolve and pursue new opportunities
- Law degree (LLB/JD) and license to practice law in Canada
- 8 or more years from call to the Bar
- Experienced in, and strong knowledge of, Canadian securities laws and regulations, investment dealer and portfolio manager regulatory matters, investment dealer SRO rules, commercial and corporate matters
- Experience in trust and estate law
We’re here to help
- Strong judgment and analytical capability
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Solution-oriented with strong ability to make things happen with pace
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter on the clear legal job board.